Saturday, December 14, 2013

Sarah and Angelina's baptism

Last Saturday Sarah and her cousin Angelina chose to be baptized as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Since the girls are only nine days apart they chose to have a joint baptism. Angelina will never forget the date she was baptized, because it was on her 8th birthday.

Here is a copy of their program. The girls were able to choose who would do what. They wanted to do a musical number together and spent a lot of time going over their song.

My sister Ashley was going to be the pianist and give a talk but one of her daughters and her husband got sick the night before so they couldn't make the trip. I stepped in and gave the talk and the Primary President, Kim Blackwell, played the piano.

My parents with the kids before the baptism

The sisters (I mean cousins)


Since Mike holds the Priesthood he was able to baptize both of the girls.
Mike with the girls
Their baptism was a special day for them and everyone that was able to attend. I wish I could write about the blessings they received during their confirmations but my hearing has gotten worse and I couldn't hear what was said.  I'm proud of these girls for following the example of Jesus and choosing to be baptized.

No comments: