Saturday, July 6, 2013

Kayaking on Lake Altus

Last weekend we went kayaking with our friends the Berrys and Mundens at Lake Altus. It was my first time kayaking, and we all had a lot of fun. This area has been in a severe drought for about four years, so the lake is only at 30% capacity, but there was plenty of water for our little boats.



The Berrys along with Mike and the boys
There were a few sets of man made steps we saw on the shore so we went aground and walked up them. Steven wanted to keep going, but there was too much cacti.




Sarah was much more interested in jumping in than she was in kayaking. Every few strokes she'd ask, "Now can I jump in." :)
 

The kids insisted I take a picture of them outside the bathroom. :)

I'll wait until I have this baby to go kayaking again, but it was a lot of fun. :)

No comments: