Sunday, December 9, 2012

Tennessee with the family

Mike and the kids came on Saturday to support me after I finished the race. We thought it would be fun to tour Tennessee while we had the chance. Since I was tired and sore on Saturday we took it easy at the hotel. The kids didn't mind, because for them hotel=swimming pool. Seeing me was just a bonus. :) I should have sent the camera to the pool with Mike, but I was too busy sleeping.

On Sunday we went to the local ward (congregation) and met a guy that told us of some fun places to visit while there. One was Percy Warner park that was nearby. His wife had enjoyed running there so much that they named their fifth child Warner.






While a member of my team was running his last leg he ran past a mansion that had the most amazing barn. I wanted to show it to Mike, so we went on a wild goose chase. There was a rock wall that ran along the street and it was so nice I didn't think it could be too common. Well, it was. I didn't have a course map handy so after two hours of wandering around Nashville/Bell Meade we gave up. The next day we downloaded the map and found it quickly. Isn't that barn amazing! (for you Mom!)






On Monday we tried to visit the Parthenon, which is a full size replica of the real thing, but it was closed on Monday's. I was disappointed, because my kids really like Greek mythology.


We also visited the Adventure Science Center and wore the kids out exploring.

The kids got to experience a tornado while we were in the south. :)

My daughter is SO strong!



Mike pretended to feed Adam to the t-rex and he thought it was much funnier than Adam. 




This is supposed to show you how you'd look if you were a smoker, but I don't think I'm more worried at my normal face at 72. ;)


I think we succeeded in wearing them out for the trip home. 


I'm glad Mike and the kids were able to come support me. We're trying to fit in as many mini trips as we can while we live here since we don't know when we'll get another opportunity.

No comments: