Monday, December 10, 2012

Another season of soccer complete

One of the nice things about my kids being part of the Air Force Base's soccer teams is that there is an abundance of young airmen without families around, so I don't have to pretend to know how to coach. Win-win all around.



Steven did another round of "smart start" soccer. The age range is from 3-5, and I'm pretty sure he was the oldest kid on his team. They spent most weeks doing drill and then played a game the last day. It was pretty funny, because Steven's competitive spirit finally showed. He dominated! He made so many goals that a dad on the opposing team started blocking his advances and we had to tell him to sit out so the other kids could have a chance. We encouraged him at first because he doesn't normally get engaged, and then I felt guilty because the other parents probably thought we were crazy soccer parents. (we weren't, I promise. We just said, "get the ball and make a goal" and he did) He had a lot of fun and is proud of his growing assortment of trophies.


Sarah didn't plan on playing, but she saw her friends playing and insisted on being signed up. Sarah really liked playing goalie and did really well at the position. We had to take her to Chik-fil-a because she made a deal to block X# of kicks. 





No comments: