Tuesday, April 24, 2012

San Diego part 1

The week before we moved our family took a trip to sunny San Diego with my parents. (tip-inviting parents to tag along on a trip is a great way to travel. Two extra sets of hands are helpful.) Mike thankfully got home the night before, so we were able to travel together. We woke up EARLY Wednesday morning for our 6 AM flight. We had told the kids we were going to visit Grandma and Grandpa Stewart and didn't correct their assumptions that it would be in Oregon. Sarah was really disappointed and started crying when she found out San Diego was our final destination. (she got over it quickly)

My parents flight was delayed, so we checked in and then spent some time at the beach. Our house was only three blocks away, so we could walk there. Sorry for the picture overload, but I liked something about all of them and wanted to share.









Our second day there, Thursday, we went to Sea World. They have a great program for the military called, "Here's to the Hero's" and admission was free for our whole family. We let the kids be in charge of the day, so we started out on a ride and then played on the giant playground.



Next we saw the Shamu show. The older kids wanted to be in the "splash zone," and my mom gives them whatever they want, so the three of them ended up really wet and a little chilled. The warmed up in the giant life size dryers.


We also saw the dolphin show and one other show, but I didn't get any pictures. I think Steven's favorite place was the shark tanks. We went there a couple times. 



1 comment:

shelly said...

Yipee, you're public =) I'm totally adding you to my blog stalking list! I hope it's a happy move and your family is adorable. Sarah looks like her pretty mommy!