Sarah is a daddy's girl through and through. While Mike was in school she would insist that he came and said good night no matter what time he got home. Sometimes she would wake up a little and insist he "snuggle", which meant lying on her floor for a few minutes. Sometimes she wouldn't wake up, but she somehow always knew if he came in. If he forgot a night, she would wake up crying in the morning because he didn't say good night to her.
The new routine is that he always has to say good bye in the morning no matter how early he leaves. This morning she woke up at 6:30 AM. She normally just comes into our room, but she decided to call for Mike a couple times. He was playing church ball, so I called back to her and told her he was playing basketball. She went silent, so I figured she'd fallen back to sleep. A few minutes later I heard her talking to herself and what sounded like crying. When I went into her room she was sitting up in bed, holding the picture of Mike she keeps next to her bed, and sobbing. She was so sad because she thought Mike had gone to work w/o saying good bye and it would be hours before she'd see him again. She came and snuggled with me until Mike got home a few minutes later and then snuggled with him. She was sad, but it was very sweet. Hopefully she does okay during his trainings and deployments.
4 comments:
She's so flippin cute!
that is the sweetest thing ever- heart wrencher seriously!
Liz, she is so sweet! Shelbie is the same way with her daddy. She always got up with him in the morning and had breakfast with him before work. I thought it would absolutely break her heart when he left. We made sure she had her very own picture of the two of them together (that I laminated so it would hold up), and she took great pride in writing her very own letters to him and he wrote her back which of course put her over the moon! It is hard on them but they end up growing even closer! Be prepared for tears, but she will be ok!!
How sweet is that. :)
Post a Comment