I think Sarah is pretty funny kid. In Genesis, Adam gives names to all the creatures, which is why a bee isn't an elephant and a seagull isn't an ant. Adam got to name things whatever came to his mind.
Sarah has taken it upon herself to not only name her animals, but she makes up the names herself. Most of the names have a strange throaty gurgle sound in the middle, so I'll spell them phonetically as best as I can. :-) We have Kirshten the Iguana, Kirkton the walrus, Mawkdaw, Mirtawk, Kirk (she likes that beginning) and a bunch more amusing names. She even remembers them if you ask her later. She named her "family" of six pumpkins yesterday, and I wish I'd written them down right away. (darn my early signs of Alzheimer's)
More Bible fun. The other night while Mike and I were reading the OT (he reads I listen) his eternal child, which I love about him, was still awake although it was midnight when we read. We were reading Gen 22 when Abraham is commanded to sacrifice Isaac, but he couldn't get past the parts when Abraham, "saddled his ass," told the men with him to abide "with the ass," and laughed that anyone would name brothers Huz and Buz. (Miranda, they are both boy names if you're interested) :-) The Old Testament really is crazy. (but great of course) :-)
4 comments:
You are correct- Sarah is one of the smartest most creative children I know- how cute is she to come up with all these names. We need to get together soon!!
Ha ha ha! She is so funny! She is so smart too!
I can't wait to see these little munchkins tomorrow! They are getting way too big! Great stories, your blog is adorable!
ahhh the brilliant genius child. I love this little bug! Grandma Bonk
Post a Comment