Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sarah's Special Thank You

When Sarah had her febrile seizure a few months ago Mike and I were terrified. We didn't know at the time that they weren't very serious, all we knew was that our 2 yr old was having a seizure and had stopped breathing and was turning blue. Mike's brother called 911 and shortly after the fire dept and emt's showed up. They checked her out and her temp was 105, but they reassured us that the seizure wasn't as dangerous and we thought. Just to be on the safe side Mike and Sarah took a ride to the hospital in the ambulance, in case it happened again, so she could get checked. The emt's were great and not only gave her a cute little bear, but we received a thank you card from the fire dept. for THEM serving US. (a little backwards :-)

To say thank you we made them some cookies and took them over to the fire station with a thank you card. Sarah was so excited and wasn't shy with the firemen at all. She felt very proud of carrying them and giving the cookies to them. Then they offered to give her a tour of the fire trucks and she got to sit in one and pose in front for a photo op. It was so nice of them to give us a tour.

Being there actually made me a little emotional, because that day still stands out as the scariest in my life and I'm so grateful they came to our rescue so quickly. I wish public servants made what they were worth, but at least they do it and are there for us when needed. Thank you West Jordan Fire Department.

So...if you want to see a fire truck, make them cookies. ;-) (or ask Jamie j/k)

6 comments:

Tiffany Anderson said...

What a little sweet heart. She looks so cute in the fire truck.

Jamie said...

That is neat! Firefighters are Great!! They love to have visitors, especially visitors with treats:)
I am happy Sarah is doing better!

The Parks said...

Not having a computer really stinks! I am sorry to hear about Sarah! Will she have more? What caused it? What an awesome thing for you guys to do for those firefighters.

Valerie said...

I've always regretted not taking cookies to the firefighters who "rescued" my three little ones from being locked inside my car in the summer heat of Virginia. I'm glad you did that!!

PS Liz, your double is on a new Fox show called Fringe. Check it out!

Miranda Whitney said...

That is the sweetest thing, Sarah is so precious and I'm glad that she is alright.

Kristal said...

That is so seriously adorable!! What a little sweetheart she is :)