This morning we had a blast at the U's annual alumni run for Homecoming week. I ran the 5k and Sarah, assisted by her dad, ran the kids 1k.
The video is a little long, but cute. :-)
Here are the runners before the race

Here is Sarah showing off her Ute pride! :-)

After the kids race the Ute cheerleaders gave all the kids medals and their mascot ran with them. All the participants also got shirts. It was so cute!

I think we're going to make it an annual tradition. There were a lot of families that ran it together and they encourage people to dress up, so it was a lot of fun to see people painted red. Mike really liked the part when the guy ate it face first on the finish line. (I didn't see it, but of course would NEVER laugh at anothers pain) ;-) I liked beating my last race time, although not by much. After the race we took Sarah to the temple because she has been asking to go and when we took her to the Jordan River temple the grounds were closed. She liked spotting angel Moroni and the new family tour the sister's gave us. I love listening to kids reactions the first time they see the Christus statue. Sarah kept asking what Jesus was doing. I love my kids!

And last, but definitely not least, Steven slept through the race, but we did get a couple pictures of him with his eyes open. :-)

What a fun day!
5 comments:
How much fun is that. Good job on another marathon.
That's such a great way to teach Sarah about being healthy and active.
Way to go Starley Family! What a fun race..next year I want to sign our family up.
That looks like so much fun Liz. I'm glad you guys have a blog! I'm terrible at keeping in touch with people too - hopefully this will help!
Great job on doing the race! I am thinking that sounds kind of fun to do. That is cute about Sarah's names that she makes up. Still lots of unpacking for us to do!
gosh, that was just adorable!!!
Post a Comment