Saturday, August 9, 2008

OK, I give in! ;-)

Up until today I have put off reading the Twilight series. It wasn't because I don't like to read, or thought I wouldn't like them, it's that I might like them too much and neglect my family. :-) When I read series that I'm into like Harry Potter and the Work and the Glory, I tend to read A LOT, when I should be taking care of my family.

My friend Crystal, who I think is the only friend I have that hasn't read them, bought us each a copy while they were on vacation last week. How can I say no to a gift? I started reading it this afternoon, and although I swore I'd pace myself, and think I have, I'm about halfway through the first book. It's a cute story plot and I look forward to seeing how it unravels.

Anyways, I guess this means I'm part of the cool kid club now. :-) j/k

5 comments:

Tiffany Anderson said...

Heck ya!! Now you are definitely part of the cool club. You will love the books, I haven't met anyone who doesn't love them after they start reading them, except for Jamie Fitch. Have fun reading, we have the other books when you're ready!!

Valerie said...

Watch out - the first one is the best of the bunch. But they're all fun!

Jamie said...

Nice Liz! Now I'm the only one that has completed the whole series....I enjoyed them, but just haven't been SO excited to get started on the 3rd one or Breaking Dawn, I'm sure some day I'll get excited:)

Jen said...

ha ha! you got sucked into it too huh? I promise you won't be disappointed!

Merrills said...

Twilight! Oh goodness you will love the other books even more... My email address is sarahnoelle12@hotmail.com I haven't heard of goodreads.com but I love to read so I am sure I will love it. Oh and thanks for the rock band invite Trevor is getting a little rusty.. Yikes!!