Thursday, August 21, 2008

Book Report

Well, since I mentioned that I was reading the Twilight series I figured I'd share my thoughts on each of them.

Twilight- I really struggled with enjoying this one. I think that due to the hype, I had really high expectations, and this book didn't come close to reaching them. Bella's love/obsession got a little old, and the story seemed to drag. The ending was exciting, but as a whole it was a little long. Since my friend Tiffany mentioned that this was Stephanie Meyer's 1st book, I've got to give her a some credit for that. Her writing improves A LOT throughout the series.

New Moon- I liked this one more than the 1st although not as much as the last two. The plot was much more developed and Bella didn't get on my nerves as much although her depression dragged on a bit. :-)

Eclipse- I don't want to ruin it for anyone, so I'm not going to go into specifics, but this was a great book. I really like the world Stephanie Meyer has created and enjoy Jacob Blacks part in the story. I've had a couple people say they quit reading after book 2, and I can't blame them, but it is worth continuing. Books 3 and 4 are fantastic.

Breaking Dawn- I finished this on Monday and liked it so much that I've been re-reading parts of it all week. Her writing has improved and developed so much. The characters seem more real (and less annoying) and there is a lot of suspense. Books 1and 2 were too predictable for me, but 3 and 4 actually left me in suspense and I like that. I've heard this was the last, but she left so much room for another, so I guess we'll see.

I'm so excited for the movie!

She is writing another book called "Midnight Sun," which is Twilight from Edwards perspective. Here is the 1st chapter for anyone that is interested.
http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/pdf/midnightsun_chapter1.pdf

3 comments:

Kristal said...

They were good huh?! I loved the last one the best too. She has another book called "The Host" that I have but I haven't read it yet, I'll let you know how it is.

Oh and I thought you went to a family reunion recently? Where's the pics??

Rose said...

I am not sure I loved the last one the best, however, I let someone borrow my book and now I miss it... alot!! I did think it was well done though and I still loved it!

Tiffany Anderson said...

I'm glad that you gave in and read them. I have the Host if you want to borrow it also.