Friday, November 28, 2025

The Giving Machines and Happy 20th birthday Sarah!

For the past couple of years I've had the opportunity to volunteer at the Herriman Columbus Adult Education Center. It's a wonderful place where immigrants from around the world can come and learn English. The classes utilize the church's English Connect Program along with Reading Horizons. I work in the childcare area where I watch kids while their parents take classes. This year our school was lucky enough to be included in the Church's Light the World Giving Machines holiday program. Mike and I went downtown for the unveiling, since we were signed up to volunteer. 



We weren't able to see Sarah for her birthday, so we decided to do some service in her honor. We volunteered for a few hours refilling the machines and guiding traffic. We then stayed the night at a nearby Marriott while my parents watched the kids. It was a nice getaway with a touch of service. I loved to see how all of the people were choosing to give. 


Sarah was thankfully celebrated in the field, which warmed my momma heart. 






No comments: