This past weekend (yes, I'm blogging on May 9th and not six months into the future) the girls and I drove to Estes Park to attend Braeden and Carsyn's baby shower AND to throw Ashley a 40th birthday party. I'm not going to lie, it's a little crazy to think that all of my sisters are 40 (even you Jess) when I distinctly remember 40 being SUPER old when I was a teen. Now that I'm almost 45, I've realized that teens really don't know anything and 40 is the new 20. (except my body doesn't really feel like it's 20 and I have a ton of gray hair, but back to Ashley)
Ashley doesn't like any attention, so we didn't do anything big. She doesn't like cake, so I made her some sugar cookies, which she loves. Ashley is the baby of the family, and yet she's become the beloved, nurturing sister we all wanted/needed. She is kind, selfless, giving, and patient. She doesn't think she's patient, but she is. She's a wonderful daughter, sister, mother, wife, and friend. Happy birthday old lady! Love you!
We went on a walk along the river and Ashley's boys fished with Dave for a bit. It was a beautiful evening. My dad is one of the kindest men on earth and when my mom's feet were hurting her due to wearing "cute shoes" my dad lovingly traded her shoes.













No comments:
Post a Comment