Thursday, April 3, 2025

S. Korea day four part deux - Bukchon Hanok Village and Namdaemun Market

 The plan was Gyeongbokgung Palace, then Bukchon Hanok Village, and Insadong shopping district.

After the palace, we made our way to Bukchon and I think we were about there when we stopped for lunch and made some new friends from Australia. The kids asked to start shopping, so we headed to Insadong. We did some shopping, and then Mike heard about Namdaemun Market, which is the largest and oldest open air market in Korea. I don’t like shopping, but we had a lot of fun just wandering and barely scratched the surface of seeing it all.

This was our first day riding the metro, because uber is so cheap. (Everything is so cheap!) I was so impressed with it. No smell. No questionable puddles. No fear of getting pushed onto the tracks, since they have barriers up. I’ve missed having Sarah here with us, but especially when we rode the metro, since she’s not a fan of the NYC subway system.

S Korea hadn’t originally been our fall break plan, since Delta opens direct flights from SLC this summer, but we pivoted when flights to Sydney filled up. I’m so glad we did! We didn’t see very much of South Korea, but loved it.









No comments: