Saturday, January 20, 2024

Audrey loses her first tooth and breaks her arm

Audrey had a tooth that had been dangling and was more than ready to come out. Adam and I talked her into letting us pull it out, but when we failed on the first attempt, she wouldn't give us a second chance. (I'm an expert tooth puller for your information!) The next morning she was sitting in my bed when she exclaimed that she'd just pulled it out on her own. (after being loosened by me of course) 


Audrey started the day on cloud nine, but didn't stay there for long. I was getting some work done and Audrey was playing with a four foot mailing tube. Nothing out of the ordinary until I hear her start to say, "Ow, ow, ow!" She had put the tube on her arm and jumped off the couch. The tube stopped, her arm didn't. She broke both bones in her right arm. This means that my precious rainbow baby is still my only child to break anything, and has had broken bones twice. :(

Mike was in Arizona at a tournament with Steven, and Sarah had my car, so I had to wait for her to rush out of a school play and come get me. We rushed Audrey to the hospital and they admitted her quickly. They put her on Ketamine and adjusted it before putting on a soft splint. She'd need to wait a week for the swelling to go down before getting her cast. 





She slept on Mike's side of the bed and was her usual cheery self by the morning. (The sling lasted a few minutes until she decided she could do without it) 


No comments: