My sister Ashley and her family live in Colorado and are able to pick the date their children get baptized. (In Utah, there are so many kids that there's generally a set date) Tommy had the opportunity to be baptized on his 8th birthday, which is really cool. We didn't want to miss it, so we made a quick trip to Colorado to be there. I made my usual cookies, but since Tommy didn't want to have a luncheon, we let the kids all go nuts eating them.
He had his birthday celebration the day before. We filled up hundreds of balloons and the kids launched them and threw them for a few mad minutes until they were gone. After, Connor showed off his strength bench pressing his cousins and then taught them how to do back flips. Ash and I tried and it was UGLY. Well, Ash did okay, but I was awkward. I also did something to my ankle and it still isn't right. That's what I get for attempting my first back flip on land as a 42 year old.
My dad and I snuck (Sneaked is probably grammatically correct, but I don't like it) in our annual, "My dad is super old and just got a year older" 5k. I'm sure I say this every year, but I'm grateful my dad is physically able to do this. I enjoy this tradition and will keep it going even if it means we walk.
Sarah hadn't tried on my dress in a while, so she put it on and...it fit! Poor Mike started to tear up when he saw her. She looks gorgeous in it, and it's a little crazy that it fits her. I found some of the pics from when she tried it on in year's past and have discovered more since. I need to find them all. Stinking kid is getting too old! Here she is in 2014(9), 2016(8), 2019(11), and 2022(16). She found some older ones in past blog books that I need to track down.













No comments:
Post a Comment