This year I ran the SLC Winter Series again. It's always cold, but it helps me stay in shape since I have to run. It was a little harder to train this year with Mike gone, but none of the distances were that long. My friend Emily ran it as well, so we got to hang out which made it a lot of fun.
The 5k was first and I beat my 5k PR by a whopping 17 seconds for a time of 23:40. Not enough to beat anyone, but it was nice to see a little improvement. I plan on training better next year. (Mike isn't allowed to deploy for a while. Says me.) ;)
The 10k was a couple weeks later. Emily's ankle was acting up from spraining it last year, so I used her as an excuse to just run it and not race it. We had a great time and still managed to get a decent time of 55:45.
The day before Mike was supposed to get home I ran the 15k. I didn't feel like racing it, so I once again used Emily as an excuse to run it and not worry about time. Emily is always faster than me, but since she'd been sick and her ankle hurt, she didn't want to race it. We had a great time talking the whole race. When we finished and noticed our times, we were surprised since we'd actually ran a decent race for a time of 1:24:54. Next year, since we'll both be 40, we plan on racing it. Running these races made me grateful I have a friend like Emily.





No comments:
Post a Comment