Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Happy New Year!

On New Years day I woke up early to do a "race" I'd never done before. It's called the Revolution Run and held at the Olympic Oval in Kearns. Racers have five or six hours to run as many laps as they can/want to. My friend Emily joined me for the first ten miles. I felt good so I decided to add on a few more and ended up with around 21 miles. They were slow, and my calves were cramping at the end, but it was the longest I'd ever ran. A marathon doesn't look quite as scary as it once did. 



After the race I went to ARUP to donate blood. It had been a while and I always like to. I had a hard time recovering and took some iron pills because I was still a bit fatigued a couple weeks after. Basically, I'm not 20 anymore. (soon to be not 30 anymore.)




For posterity purposes I'll post Mike's favorite outfit to wear around the house. The two plaids are so nice and complimentary. ;)


No comments: