Sunday, June 4, 2017

Memorial Day "Race for Grief" 10K

This year I ran the annual "Race for Grief" 10K again on Memorial Day. Although I really like the idea of the race, it makes me a little too emotional. I'm not sure if I like tearing up in line to grab my packet when a lady asks me who I'm running for. It's a nice race though and this is my second or third time doing it. (I heard about a free Memorial Day race for Veterans, so I might do that one in 2018)

Mike was on a trip, but the kids came with me and made posters about Erik to hang up. I placed 2nd in my age division, so the kids got some extra swag from the awards ceremony.





Here are some pictures the race photographer took.




After the race we went to visit Erik. His cemetery always does a neat Memorial Day service with flags for all the fallen Utah soldiers post 9-11 and have a wandering bagpipe player that roams the cemetery. I also found my new favorite flowers that my sister Ashley and I both decided to plant in our gardens this year.



No comments: