A couple weeks ago my dad turned the big 6-0. Sixty! If he was over the hill at 40 then what is 60? Over the river and through the woods? (In case you're amazed at my wit, I just thought of that and I might only think it's clever because it's late at night and I'm low on sleep) We decided to do a quick Friday to Sunday trip so we could celebrate this momentous occasion with him.
My dad is a good runner so we decided to run a 5k together. The only local one available was a Chick-fil-A race, which my dad wouldn't do, so I signed us up for a virtual 5k. What is that you ask? I paid good money for us to have shirts, bibs and medals to run our own race. It was the Ninja road 5k. Pretty cool if you ask me. The medals were heavy (as my poor foot can attest to) and the ninja blade in the middle spins. Pretty sweet bling.
 |
| Here we are before the race |
 |
| After our victory |
 |
| My dad thinks he's SO funny |
 |
| Our sweet bling |
The kids had a lot of funny running wild with their cousins. Steven and Adam rescued a few frogs that had apparently fallen into my parents window wells. Frogs=Fun
 |
| He bought himself juggling balls so he could show off |
Early Sunday morning we drove to a park for family pictures since we needed to leave and my dad had to be to his church to fulfil his duty as door greeter. :) Family pictures are always a little hectic, but the end result is always worth the pain. These first three are ones I took while waiting. The rest are from the photographer.
We all feel lucky and grateful to have "Grandpa Bonk" in our lives. Happy 60th Birthday dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment