Steven had a great year in 1st grade. I worried about him being too talkative, since he's the worlds most social individual, but he did amazing. I think a lot of the credit goes to his teacher, Mrs. Ackley. She was a fantastic teacher that had a fun yet very organized classroom. Steven thrived. (I really thought I took a picture of them together, but I didn't. Bummer!)
Sarah had a great year as well. As I think I mentioned in an earlier post, she had her first male teacher, Mr. Colver. She was very nervous at the beginning of the year, but Mr. Colver was a good fit for her. He had been teaching for 30+ years and this was his last year. He said that kids and their parents had changed a lot in that time. Mr. Colver loved Sarah. We had a couple instances where Sarah wasn't doing her school work which bugged/concerned me but Mr. Colver always said Sarah was doing great and not to worry. She's so smart she was probably just bored. A few times during the year he sent us emails praising her and her work. Here is one he sent us in April, "I just wanted to tell you how wonderful Sarah is. I know that you know that but still parents can't be told that often enough. I gave the assignment to memorize "Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening" today and she has already done it. Her answers on a comprehension assignment today were outstanding. She is one of the few that really answered the questions correctly. She is great." We know we have a great daughter, but it doesn't hurt to hear it from her teacher as well. :)
Here she is at field day. She chose to be in the dunk tank. I was volunteering on the other side of the field so I didn't get to see her go into the water.





No comments:
Post a Comment