Visiting Pearl Harbor was an experience we didn't want to miss. We took a ferry to the USS Arizona Memorial. I was worried the kids wouldn't appreciate, but Sarah and Steven did. It was a very sobering experience. We found out late that military members and their families can take a special tour to see some restricted sites, like Ford Island, but they are booked out a couple months in advance.
After Pearl Harbor we went back to the hotel, borrowed a surf board and the kids tried surfing. They both did well. Sarah was more timid, but she got up on her knees. Steven was able to stand up after a few tried. Mike would stand behind them and give them a little push when a good wave came along.
Adam didn't want to try out the surf board until the very end, (and then he insisted I push him, thus forcing me to get in the water) ;) so he and I had fun looking at all the rock crabs.







No comments:
Post a Comment