Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sarah's Friend Magazine submission

If you subscribe to The Friend magazine you may have seen a really cute girl  in the Q & A section. Sarah told me not to tell anyone, but I wanted to record it. :)



I'm really glad they chose Sarah's answer. She sent in a couple of really nice pictures, one of the First Vision and the other of Jesus' Resurrection but they weren't chosen. She got a little discouraged and didn't want to send anything else in even though I reassured her that her art was great and they can only accept a handful of what they receive. (I'm sure they received a lot from Utah) After we sent in her submission we checked the mail every month until it came. Sarah tried to act nonchalant about it but I know she was happy to see her submission. 

The Friend magazine is a great magazine for young readers if you haven't heard about it. There are scripture stories, submissions, games, coloring pages and other fun and uplifting things for kids. 

1 comment:

Simply Ashley said...

I LOVE that Sarah sends things in to the Friend. I also love that she's in it! Mom tried to steal my copy today. I'm not sure if I'm going to let her have it. Isabel loves to look at it. :)