Wednesday, February 6, 2013

It Snowed...In Mississippi!

A couple weeks ago we woke up to a very pleasant surprise...SNOW! My Utah friends/family may not understand our excitement, but it doesn't really snow here, and when it does it's flurry's that just melt. This on the other hand was an actual snow storm. There wasn't a ton, but it was enough to close to schools and delay Mike's work starting time by four hours. It was wonderful!

All of our snow gear was packed away so we dug it out and went outside before breakfast, because we didn't know how long it would last.


Sarah and I teamed up to build a snowwoman

We had some help from the Holden's next door

The boys made a dirty snowman that rolled right over Steven :)






After naps we went back outside and the snow was melting fast. (yes, my child ran outside in nothing but a diaper and I snapped a picture before grabbing him) :)






The weather down here has been wonderful. As I write this, we had an almost 70 degree day. I miss Utah, but like I've said before, I am thoroughly enjoying my time down here.

No comments: