While Mike was attending officer training last fall he met Elder Starley from Holiday, Utah that is serving a two year mission in the southern states. Elder Starley took a picture of them and his parents emailed it to Mike.
Yesterday Mike received a call from Elder Starley saying that he'd be in our area today on divisions and we invited him over for dinner. We weren't able to do dinner at the last minute so we met up with them at a frozen yogurt shop.
* (this is about a week later than original post) I've realized over and over again what a "small world" we live in and how intertwined we all are. There are a lot of people serving in the military, yet it seems like everyone knows each other from some sort of training or assignment. In church I've found a lot of random connections since I've been here. On Sunday, in Pensacola, FL, I sat next to a guy that lived in the city where I served my mission and knew a few sisters I served with. It helps reinforce my belief that we're all one big, "happy" family. :)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment