Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy 5th Birthday Sarah!

I keep putting off blogging until I have time, but that time never seems to come. Please excuse my rushing through this blog about one of the most important people in my life.

Sarah is now officially five years old. No, not ten, fifteen or twenty, five. :-) At her five year appointment she weighed 36 lbs (23%) and is 41 3/4 inches (35%).

We let Sarah decide what she wanted to do for a party this year, and she opted to go swimming in Oregon rather than have a party in Utah. Her birthday's have always been kind of big, so we were happy for a small one. Swimming was a big hit! My parents are very active, so they headed off ahead of Mike and me so the kids could have more time to play while I attended to Adam. Not only did Mike go on their rope swing, but my young at heart mother went a couple times as well. She loves be a "cool grandma" and always succeeds. :-)





My parents gave her an American Doll that looks like her, so we gave her a matching ballet outfit for her and the doll.



After we got home we gave her a "big girl" bike complete with a seat for her doll.


We also celebrated with Mike's parents, and Sarah got not one, but two cameras. She asked for a homemade flower cake, and made it with me.


Steven wanted to make sure it tasted ok. :-)




Since turning five Sarah has noticed some big changes in herself. Here are some of the things she has brought to our attention.
- She is now able to jump higher
- Her toes are bigger
- Her hair is longer
- Her head is bigger
- Her brain is bigger
- When Mike told her she's smart she replied, "It's probably because I'm five"

She has been letting everyone in ear shot know she's bigger, but is a young fiver year old, so she isn't going to kindergarten until next year. She thought at first that she'd start attending right away.

It seems like such a short time ago that she left heaven to come to us. I feel so lucky and honored to be her mom. She is so special. I love to hear her tell stories. Her little mind is a wonder to me and I love to listen to things from her imagination and hear her describe her drawings. Although she changes her future vocation weekly, I know the sky is the limit and I feel lucky I get to watch her grow. I'm so thankful for my little princess.

No comments: