Friday, May 21, 2010

Trip to Colorado

Over the weekend of the 15th we drove to Colorado to visit my family, and so that Mike could attend a Colorado Rockies game. We drove 1500 miles from Friday to Sunday, but it was worth it. On Friday we stayed with my sister Ashley and new Brother in law David and woke up to a delicious breakfast made by Dave. (my husband is the best, but cooking is not a talent he possesses. Unfortunately. :-)

On Saturday we drove up to a beautiful lodge that is owned by my sister Jessica's friend. It's up in the Rockies and has a gorgeous view. The kids had a lot of fun playing together. My niece, Angelina, is only a week younger than Sarah and my nephew, Anthony, is four months older than Steven, so it was the perfect play date. There were even four-wheelers to ride, so the guys took the kids out a few times.




These two girls really love each other. I wish we lived closer so they could see each other more.


Mike and Dave drove up to Denver to attend a Rockies game. My sister, Jess, was able to get them amazing seats. It was Mike's first MLB game and he had fun. He even managed to eat a foot long stadium bratwurst. He was very proud of himself.

On the way home we stopped at my Grandma's in Fort Collins for a short visit and then headed to my older sister Becky's house to see her, her new beau and my nephews.


The other big news for the weekend was that I turned the BIG 3-0. Mike doesn't turn 30 for five more months, so he likes to rub it in a little. :-) It was a great birthday weekend and I'm glad I could spend it with so many people I love.

No comments: