Friday, April 30, 2010

My Spring Snow Bunnies

Last night Sarah got really excited when she saw the snow. She said she wanted to wake up and make "Frosty the Snowman" and have a snow ball fight. When she woke up there were a couple inches on the ground and she got excited. I told her she'd have to wait until after school and that there probably wouldn't be any more snow.

After school the snow was melted and it was a cold, but nice day. She was in tears immediately. She called her dad crying about how she missed "her favorite season" (it isn't) and how badly she had wanted to play in the snow.

So...after lunch we grabbed the kids snow gear and headed east. We finally found snow, a lot of it, up by Alta ski resort.

Here they are making snow angels


Having the snow fight they so desperately wanted (I won)



Sarah dug a "bug house" in the snow so the bugs could hide from the cold. Steven then used it as a seat.



Sarah had a lot of fun and didn't want to leave, but as we were driving home she said we never have to go back there. I asked why and she said winter is no longer her favorite season and it's just too cold. (maybe that's why she didn't want to go outside a lot during the winter and said Spring was her favorite season)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

That looks really cold. I have to admit I'm glad we're missing all the snow in Utah!