He has started talking a lot, and although not everyone can understand him, Mike and I understand his complete sentences perfectly. He knows his shapes, animal sounds, and has a slew of favorite books he requests that you read. One of the things I'm most grateful for is how well he and Sarah get along. They love each other and have a lot of fun playing together. Steven picks on Sarah, but only because he loves her. :-) I love his little manners and how he cups his hands, tilts his head and says please. He's picked up a lot from his big sister.
We had a family b-day party for him last night. He could see his presents on top of the entertainment center and was begging for them all day. I love that he is always so easy to please. Mike told him to wait until he got the video camera to open this first present, so Steven just opened it really slowly as if that were acceptable. :-)
Steven got two firetrucks he is really happy with. If you're wondering why Sarah is in a bathing suit, it is her new preferred dress up. She's in it whenever I let her.
Here is the b-day cake I made, and Mike decorated. The picture is of Charles Lindbergh flying the Spirit of St. Louis around the Eiffel Tower. If you're wondering why a piece is already missing, I accidentally left it out uncovered all night and wanted to know if it was dry. (the answer is yes, but Steven liked it)
I didn't do a very good job of photographing party guests. I think Mike should always be in charge of the camera.
Mike used to make fun of me for matching Sarah's clothes to mine, but now he does it with Steven and it's cool when boys do it. The first is of their matching "Captain America" shirts. Mike said the matching green shirts was an accident and he hadn't noticed. :-)
Happy Birthday Sweet boy!!!
9 comments:
Happy Birthday little guy!! We love you.
I guess I should say big guy, he's not very little anymore:(
Two year olds are the best! :) Cute cake and cute boy!
happy birthday Steven!!
Ahhh, I laughed when I read what you said about the matching clothes. "It's cool when boys do it." So funny
I love that boy- so does Cohen. I remembered his birthday and if it wasn't for that dang stomach flu we would have taken something over to Cohen's BFF on his birthday. Looks like he had a good day!
Happy Birthday buddy!!
Happy Birthday to Steven! He's so fun!
What a little cutie pie! Glad he had a good birthday. By the way, I did not wonder why Sarah was in a swimsuit. I have a four year old little girl too. :)
Post a Comment