If laughter is the best medicine, than I will live a long and healthy life due to my adorable daughter.
If you've talked to Sarah recently, you've heard of our plans to do a Little Mermaid theme for Halloween. Mike is going to be King Triton, and Sarah has decided that King Triton speaks Spanish. She has asked me a few Spanish words in regards to him, and one of them is the Spanish word for crown, which is Corona. (can you see where this is going yet) We were in the grocery store the other night and Sarah kept saying over, and over again, "Dad, you need a corona!" Later that evening she was in front of our place telling her friend that her dad needs a corona. Thankfully the friends parent's weren't present. I visit teach a Spanish speaking sister and my companion, who doesn't speak Spanish, needed an explanation as to why Sarah was telling her he needed a corona. I thought it was funny.
A few nights ago we assured our cat was inside before we went to bed. We left our bedroom door open to cool down our room and our cat apparently jumped off our balcony. The next morning she meowed by the front door until we let her in. Lucky us, she brought in a mouse that was still alive. I don't know if she'd just gotten bored with it, but it was unharmed except for being in shock. I put it in a shoe box and waited for Mike so we could take it to a field.
Sarah asked why we were going to let it go instead of feeding it to the cat. I asked if she wanted the cat to eat it and she said, "yes, because cats like to eat mice." She had just gotten done exclaiming how adorable it was, but had no problem feeding it to Mosey, since that is the natural order of things. :-)
When we had previous conversations about where meat comes from, she offered to help off the cows and chickens. Not in a morbid, animal abuse way, she just accepts where the food comes from and offers to help out. She'd probably cry if she really understood, but, unlike Lisa Simpson, she's fine w/eating someone else's work. The way her mind works is interesting to say the least. :-)
5 comments:
Oh I love Sarah. I'm so excited to see your costumes.
holy cow. i can't stop laughing. bailey is starting the funny stage. oh the joys of children....and dang it! get mike a corona already! ;)
That is so cute! We are doing a themed Halloween too. Kids are too cute. I love the whole cat eating mouse story too.
SaWeet!! Can't wait for Halloween:) Could this be the reason Mike is hitting p90x?? ha ha!! Sarah is always good for a laugh!
A corona eh?? I couldn't stop laughing for several minutes!! Kids are hilarious eh!!
Post a Comment