Sunday, June 14, 2009

My Little Michelangelo

Steven thoroughly enjoyed his 1st time finger painting the other day. He started out using his fingers, and then decided he wanted a paint brush like Sarah. I think that more went on him than on the paper, but he did create some mini master pieces.

Mike took it upon himself to name Steven's masterpieces, so here they are:

Here is Steven creating "Sunrise over a dewy meadow in the morning. On fire."

And here is the finished painting


Here he is painting "Apricot tree in bloom in the morning. On fire."



Here is "Beach ball rolling down a deserted coast in the afternoon. On Fire." (I don't think he'll ever be hired as a professional painting namer)


And the hands of the Master. Notice the way he uses the colors to emphasize his mood. The underlying blue to show his comfort and peace. The green to express his thirst for knowledge. The red to show his passion. (for food) :-)


Sarah also enjoyed a much less messy version of painting. :-)

2 comments:

The Oldroyd's said...

Very fun. Brooklynn loves to paint. I haven't gotten paints out for awhile. Cute little artists you have.

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

I need to do this with my kids sometime. We haven;t done it very much. I love the names of the paintings!